Sicily offers countless paradisiacal and wonderful places. If you are planning your trip to Sicily and are looking to create a perfect itinerary, you will find here some useful tips to define your route. Whether you are a tourist or a resident of the island, it is useful in any case to have information on where to stop in Sicily, how to get around by public transport or even on board your own car.
One of the cities that we recommend you to visit immediately is Catania. The major Sicilian cities all enjoy a large cultural, historical and artistic heritage.
Visiting Catania is an experience that will leave you surprised. All the architecture of the city, starting from the churches and the beautiful squares, has an evident connection with the Baroque culture. This has allowed the city to preserve a scenic, particular and unique aspect. The historic center of Catania is today one of the most popular destinations for tourists. Just think of the fact that at the moment the historic center of the city is protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
What to visit in Catania
Among the most impressive and beautiful monuments we find mainly:
- Piazza del Duomo: here we can find the statue of the elephant, symbol of the city of Catania,
- Cathedral of Sant’Agata dedicated to the patron saint of the city,
- Via Etnea in Catania: undoubtedly one of the most scenic streets of the city in Baroque style,
- Teatro Massimo Vincenzo Bellini Catania: it is possible to visit the theater through guided tours inside.
- Benedictine Monastery: a place rich in history that has survived for about 500 years.
- During the stages of your journey you can also enjoy the typical Catanese food stopping at the many local restaurants.
It is useless to specify how good Sicilian food is. In Catania you can stop at some of the best Italian restaurants.
Salina and Aeolian Islands
To make your itinerary truly complete you cannot absolutely miss a trip to the Aeolian Islands and Salina. These are places defined as small earthly paradises. The sea and the beauty of the landscape will leave you truly amazed. Salina is the second largest island of the Aeolian archipelago. Its beaches are among the most sought after destinations but they are not the only factor attracting tourists. In fact, the island also enjoys a vast cultural heritage. Inside the island you will find many wonderful and evocative places in direct contact with unspoiled nature. The luxuriant nature of the place is due to the numerous sources of fresh water that have made this land the greenest in the entire archipelago.
Where sleeping in Salina
If you intend to stay several days at Salina and visit the archipelago, there are many B & Bs on site or, alternatively, holiday homes where you can stay.
Palermo, like the rest of the Sicilian cities, offers an important cultural panorama. This city is also full of places to visit. You will certainly not be bored during your trip to Sicily! The places to stop and the activities you can do are truly endless! You can also move from one city to another thanks to the convenient internal connections.
As for Palermo, it is possible to visit in just one day, some of the best attractions of the city:
- The Cathedral of Palermo
- The Norman Palace
- The Regional gallery
- The Catacombs of the Capuchins
- We then advise you to move slightly and reach the wonderful beach of Mondello.
Catania Airport and Departures
As for departures, Catania airport is undoubtedly one of the busiest Sicilian airports. If you have planned a flight departing from the airport, it is useful to be aware of all the services available at the airport.
Catania Fontanarossa Airport consists of two Terminals: Terminal A and Terminal C reserved exclusively for EasyJet airline flights. At the airport you can take advantage of many services including:
- Consumption of food and drinks at authorized bars and places;
- Restaurants open for lunch and dinner;
- ATM station for withdrawals and operations;
- Flight information office;
- Tourist information office;
- Currency exchange;
- Fast Parking airport parking service
- Useful information Catania Airport parking
- As for parking at Catania airport, it is useful for passengers to be aware of the possibility of obtaining reserved parking at the airport.
Fast Parking Catania offers the best parking service at Catania airport. The outdoor and covered parking spaces are video monitored and protected. The parking / airport transfer service and vice versa is also useful for each passenger thanks to the availability of a free 24-hour shuttle!
Find out more about Fast Parking services by visiting our Services section. Or book a reserved parking space now by filling out the booking form!